Pipe relining has nothing to do with the alignment of collapsed or sagging pipes. It is a non-invasive method that involves an interior layer within the old pipe. You can build a durable and resistant layer within the old pipe without digging an inch or knocking down a wall. This is a great way of strengthening old pipes that have fallen into disrepair. And our relining is made of the highest quality materials that complement the old pipes.
There are many different ways to achieve pipe relining, but it will usually follow a similar pattern. First, a CCTV drain inspection is conducted. This finds breaks and cracks in the existing piping system. Once we have all the measurements, we then create a custom liner and inflatable bladder to match the exact pipe specifications. When we’re ready for the installation, we soak the liner in an epoxy resin and insert the uninflated bladder into it. A rope is attached to each end of the liner, which we use to pull the pipe liner into place using existing access points. Next, the bladder is inflated with air, blowing out the liner to seal against the pipes. The bladder remains until the resin has hardened. Viola! A new interior lining is now in place via the process of relining pipes. The bladder is deflated and retracted back out.
Most pipes have a lifespan of about 30 – 40 years, but the epoxy resin can extend this to 50 – 60 years. You have the same pipes, but with an inner liner, so the strength of the initial pipes is still a consideration. Who you use to complete the installation is also noteworthy. The adhesion process must be done correctly so the resin can remain flush against the inside of the pipe while it hardens. You will have an inner layer that protects the inside of the pipe from scratch and corrosion. But it also protects from tree roots and other outside debris from penetrating the inside of the pipe.
Call us for expert drain relining and repairs in Melbourne, so you get it right and won’t need to return to it anytime soon.
There are 5 major benefits of pipe relining. They are:
1. Little Disruption – This process allows for little to no disruption on your property. There is no digging or knocking down walls.
2. Affordable – Because no digging is involved, the process can be completed without complications. This results in vastly lowered costs.
3. Durable – The manufacturers’ warranty on the correctly applied epoxy resin is 50 years. It is a long-term solution that extends the lifespan of your pipes.
4. Repairs & Prevents – Pipe relining resolves the problems of cracks and scratches on the inside of your pipes. It also prevents tree roots from protruding into the pipe.
5. Increases Flow Capacity – Many pipes are made of materials like cast iron or concrete where calcification can occur. Epoxy liners have a smooth surface for maximum flow capacity.
Of course, these benefits can be seen only when you use a high-quality pipe relining service like Mr Pipe.
Absolutely. Our team has more accreditations compared to competitors. Below is a list of industry authorities that our team is certified and registered with:
- Master Plumbers (Member No: 4940)
- Sewer Authority Approved (Licensed With Major And Regional Authorities)
- Confined Space Entry Trained (All Personnel)
- Red Card Holders (All Personnel)
- Maritime Security Identification Clearance (Certain Personnel)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (Certain Personnel)
- Major Hazard Facilities (Certain Personnel)
- Explosive Environments & Certified Ex - Camera Equipment (Certain Personnel)
These organizations design programs that are compliant with the relevant standards. Through training and certification, our technicians are able to deliver a higher standard of care and expertise.
We offer many applications such as flare line repair, petrochemical fire mains repair, and concrete repair. We also provide sewer pipe repairs, stormwater drain repair, internal downpipes, and remote CCTV scans. If you have any kind of pipe related problem, we are confident that we have a solution at hand. We have the best tools and experienced specialists when it comes to pipe relining & repairs in Melbourne. There are many ways to reline a pipe and many patches that can be applied. We have a good system in place, but also need to apply customized solutions to unique problems.
Call us now on (03) 9331 6633 for specialized pipe relining & repairs in Melbourne.